Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Patricio Vera S." <pa...@yahoo.es> on 2002/09/25 23:51:38 UTC

Is necesary restart httpd after restart tomcat?

    Hello,

    Everytime i have restart tomcat i need restart httpd if don't do it i get an 500 error. Like i work with session when restart httpd i loose that session so i'm in troubles..... :-s.... any advice?

    My plataform is servlets on tomcat 3.2.1 with Apache/1.3.12.

    I will move to tomcat 4.1.11 in the next weks.

Saludos,
Patricio Vera S.

Re: Is necesary restart httpd after restart tomcat?

Posted by Kwok Peng Tuck <pe...@makmal.com>.
Yes, if you are working with sessions, then it is lost when tomcat goes
down.

Posted by Bill Barker <re...@verizon.net>.
The Tomcat version doesn't really matter.  The mod_jk binaries for 3.2.x
have this problem.  Upgrading to the 3.3.x mod_jk binaries should solve this
(whether you are running 3.2.x, 3.3.x, or 4.x.x).

There should be new binaries for mod_jk 1.2 (the 3.3 version = 1.1) on the
Jakarta site later this week, or early next.