Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Nitin Padalkar <Ni...@persistent.co.in> on 2005/03/05 07:52:50 UTC

MAPPING configuration error for request URI /test/ServletRedirector

Hi

I am running cactus tests on jboss3.2.3 using eclipse 3.0. I am using
cactus-ant integration for running the tests.
I have specified <cactus task in my build.xml.But when i run this task,it
automatically starts the container and gives the following error ....

Failed to start the container after more than [60000] ms. Trying to connect
to the
[http://localhost:8080/test/ServletRedirector?Cactus_Service=RUN_TEST] test
URL yielded a [-1] error code. Please run in debug mode for more details
about the error.
Total time: 1 minute 5 seconds

In the server.log it shows MAPPING configuration error for request URI
/test/ServletRedirector ,while deploying my test.war.
When i try to run the above URL directly through browser,i get a blank page
and my server.log shows

2005-03-04 20:36:35,403 DEBUG
[org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServletImplicitObjects]
<setHttpServletRequest([org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteRequestFacade@132590
5])
2005-03-04 20:36:35,403 DEBUG
[org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServletImplicitObjects]
>setHttpServletRequest
2005-03-04 20:36:35,403 DEBUG
[org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServletImplicitObjects]
<setHttpServletResponse([org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteResponseFacade@725f
0e])
2005-03-04 20:36:35,403 DEBUG
[org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServletImplicitObjects]
>setHttpServletResponse
2005-03-04 20:36:35,403 DEBUG
[org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServletImplicitObjects]
<setServletContext([org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContextFacade@1d34ea
c])
2005-03-04 20:36:35,403 DEBUG
[org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServletImplicitObjects]
>setServletContext
2005-03-04 20:36:35,403 DEBUG
[org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServletImplicitObjects]
<setServletConfig([org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperFacade@1d20651])
2005-03-04 20:36:35,403 DEBUG
[org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServletImplicitObjects] >setServletConfig
2005-03-04 20:36:35,403 DEBUG
[org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServletTestController]
<handleRequest([org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServletImplicitObjects@bea
a01])
2005-03-04 20:36:35,403 DEBUG
[org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServletUtil]
<getQueryStringParameter([Cactus_Service=RUN_TEST], [Cactus_Service])
2005-03-04 20:36:35,403 DEBUG
[org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServletUtil] >getQueryStringParameter =
[RUN_TEST]
2005-03-04 20:36:35,403 DEBUG
[org.apache.cactus.internal.server.AbstractWebTestController] Service to
call = RUN_TEST
2005-03-04 20:36:35,419 DEBUG
[org.apache.cactus.internal.ServiceEnumeration] <valueOf([RUN_TEST])
2005-03-04 20:36:35,419 DEBUG
[org.apache.cactus.internal.ServiceEnumeration] >valueOf = [RUN_TEST]
2005-03-04 20:36:35,419 DEBUG
[org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServletTestController] >handleRequest
2005-03-04 20:36:35,419 DEBUG
[org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector] >doPost
2005-03-04 20:36:35,419 DEBUG
[org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector] >doGet

Below are the mappings specified in my web.xml

	<servlet>
        <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector</servlet-class

    </servlet>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>JspRedirector</servlet-name>
        <jsp-file>/jspRedirector.jsp</jsp-file>
    </servlet>
 <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>JspRedirector</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/JspRedirector</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

Can you please tell me how to resolve the above error?It's very
urgent.Please do the needful by replying ASAP.

Nitin Padalkar

RE: MAPPING configuration error for request URI /test/ServletRedirector

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Nitin,

If there's a mapping error there's nothing I can do for you, you need to fix
it... However you're not showing the error you're getting and I can't help
you without it.

Also, you're showing some part of Cactus log below but you're showing a
snippet that has NO error. Please look for some exception stack trace to
locate the place of error and come go up the log to find the cause.

If you don't understand the error, please post it and we'll try to help you.

[snip]

-Vincent

> Can you please tell me how to resolve the above error?It's very
> urgent.Please do the needful by replying ASAP.

PS: Don't write that it's urgent, etc... This annoys me like nothing else. I
almost did not answer to you because you said it was urgent... What's urgent
for you is NOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT urgent for me. If you want to get a special
service only for you, consider paying for my services and I'll dedicate time
for you. Another way of getting prompt answers is to participate to the
development of Cactus (by answering mailing lists emails for example,
submitting documentation patches, etc). This will raise your visibility and
I can tell you people will answer more quickly to your questions. Strangely
the people who always say that it's URGENT or use the ASAP word are the one
that participate the less. I guess they are either simply selfish people or
they do not understand at all how open source work.