Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gunter D'Hondt <gu...@sofico.be> on 2004/11/09 11:15:47 UTC

Standard Bank (@standardbank.co.za)

Everytime I send a msg to the list I'm gettingt the following mailmarshal
message from the Standard Bank (@standardbank.co.za). Can the intented
person change it's mail settings to that this doesn't occur anymore.

thnx,
Gunter D'Hondt

--------------
Mailmsg from mailmarshal:

Please be advised that the correct e-mail address format to be used in all
correspondence with Standard Bank is:

recipient'sfirstname.recipient'ssurname@standardbank.co.za

While your e-mail has been delivered to the intended recipient, please
change your records accordingly.

Technology Engineering
Standard Bank

Re: Standard Bank (@standardbank.co.za)

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 09 Nov 2004, at 11:41, Gunter D'Hondt wrote:

> Isn't there a list-moderator that has access to the complete list of
> subscribed people? Then the person can be contacted (and when he
> doesn't
> answer he can be removed from the list).

I contacted the Mail Powers That Be for followup. I'm a mere moderator
for these lists (and if you would know how many times I hit delete a
day, you shouldn't worry too much about our .za friends ;-)

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: Standard Bank (@standardbank.co.za)

Posted by Gunter D'Hondt <gu...@sofico.be>.
Isn't there a list-moderator that has access to the complete list of
subscribed people? Then the person can be contacted (and when he doesn't
answer he can be removed from the list).
Gunter

"Andreas Kuckartz" <A....@ping.de>
09-11-2004 11:42
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

users@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Standard Bank (@standardbank.co.za)

I have sent them mail and they automatically created a ticket:
<AC>1-N9JNP</AC>

Hopefully they will resolve the problem.

Cheers,
Andreas

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
i'm not getting it (subscribed via gmane though)

Posted by beyaNet <an...@jibeya.com>.
Gunter,

Re: For christ's sake !!

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.

maillist@burridge.net wrote:
> Hey guys. I am very sorry about that. As cou can see, I use si20.com to screen
> spam. However, I have the auto spam responder turned off. Obviously, its still
> sending the email despite being turned off. I will email support at si20.com
> immediately. I still received your email, which is even more bizarre.
>
> Has this happened before?
first time for me. Hope you get things sorted out :)

Jorg

Re: For christ's sake !!

Posted by beyaNet <an...@jibeya.com>.
So Brian,
if we all sign up to 'SpamMaster', do we all get a commission as well
for every user we link back to the site!? ;-)

regards

Andrew
On 9 Nov 2004, at 15:19, maillist@burridge.net wrote:

> Yes, I've mentiond that as well. There seems to be some problems with
> the
> system. :)
>
> Brian
>
> Quoting Christofer Dutz <du...@c-ware.de>:
>
>> I specially like the "Everything over 20 or 10 Points is treated as
>> spam
>> and so your message with 0,2 Points is treated as Spam too"
>> 10 <= 0,2 <= 20 ?!? ;)
>>

>> beyaNet wrote:
>>
>>> Brian,
>>> it happens all the time, and needs to be put to sleep ;-)
>>>
>>> regards
>>>
>>> Andrew

Re: For christ's sake !!

Posted by ma...@burridge.net.

Re: For christ's sake !!

Posted by Christofer Dutz <du...@c-ware.de>.

Re: For christ's sake !!

Posted by beyaNet <an...@jibeya.com>.
Brian,
it happens all the time, and needs to be put to sleep ;-)

regards

Andrew
On 9 Nov 2004, at 14:13, maillist@burridge.net wrote:

> Hey guys. I am very sorry about that. As cou can see, I use si20.com
> to screen
> spam. However, I have the auto spam responder turned off. Obviously,
> its still
> sending the email despite being turned off. I will email support at
> si20.com
> immediately. I still received your email, which is even more bizarre.
>
> Has this happened before?
>
> I will do what I can to get this stopped immediately.
>
> Brian
>
> Quoting Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>:
>
>> In replying to this thread i got now this rubbish.
>>
>> Steven: Can't we just kick users with auto-responders off the list
>> (after a fair amount of warning ofcourse)? Most lists even go as far
>> as
>> ban them, so I don't think this is an unreasonable thing to ask from
>> users.
>>
>> <agitated>
>> Jorg
>>
>> --------------
>> Jorg Heymans,
>>
>> This is Brian Burridge. I am running Spam Interceptor to get rid of
>> junk
>> email. Please follow this link to verify that the message you sent me
>> isn't junk email.
>>
>> http://si20.com/auth?uid=465&mid=147&sid=jh%40domek.be
>>
>> Your email was intercepted because it got a spam rating of 0 and I set
>> Spam Interceptor to ask everyone who sends me a message rated over
>> 12.7
>> to authenticate. When you authenticate I'll receive your email and
>> you'll never have to authenticate for me again, no matter what spam
>> rating your emails get.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brian Burridge
>> ------------
>>
>> Gunter D'Hondt wrote:
>>>
>>> Everytime I send a msg to the list I'm gettingt the following
>>> mailmarshal message from the Standard Bank (@standardbank.co.za). Can
>>> the intented person change it's mail settings to that this doesn't
>>> occur
>>> anymore.
>>>
>>> thnx,
>>> Gunter D'Hondt
>>>

>>> --------------
>>> Mailmsg from mailmarshal:
>>>
>>> Please be advised that the correct e-mail address format to be used
>>> in
>>> all correspondence with Standard Bank is:
>>>
>>> recipient'sfirstname.recipient'ssurname@standardbank.co.za
>>>
>>> While your e-mail has been delivered to the intended recipient,
>>> please
>>> change your records accordingly.
>>>
>>> Technology Engineering
>>> Standard Bank

Re: For christ's sake !!

Posted by ma...@burridge.net.

Re: For christ's sake !!

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 09 Nov 2004, at 11:56, Jorg Heymans wrote:

> In replying to this thread i got now this rubbish.
>
> Steven: Can't we just kick users with auto-responders off the list
> (after a fair amount of warning ofcourse)? Most lists even go as far
> as ban them, so I don't think this is an unreasonable thing to ask
> from users.

Couldn't we simply send this person a mail that he needs to whitelist
@cocoon.apache.org originating from hermes.apache.org?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: For christ's sake !!

Posted by Gunter D'Hondt <gu...@sofico.be>.
I totally agree... now you have to be careful when choosing a mail subject
that it doesn't get intercepted by those spam mails... probably the
"bank"-word did it

Gunter

Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>
Sent by: news <ne...@sea.gmane.org>