Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dave Naden <Da...@sas.com> on 2003/06/20 17:15:59 UTC

mod_jk quirk?

When I auto-generate the mod_jk directives, I'm finding strange behavior:  Even if my workers.properties file contains the name of a worker other than ajp13, the JkMount commands that get generated always have the worker name as "ajp13".
for example, if I put the following in my workers.properties:

worker.list=testWorker1
# settings for testWorker1
worker.testWorker1.port=8009
worker.testWorker1.host=localhost
worker.testWorker1.type=ajp13

I'll still get, in the auto file, lines like:

 JkMount /examples/jsp/security/protected/j_security_check  ajp13
    JkMount /examples/snoop  ajp13
    JkMount /examples/servlet/*  ajp13
    JkMount /examples/CompressionTest  ajp13
    JkMount /examples/*.jsp  ajp13
    JkMount /examples/servletToJsp  ajp13

...etc.

even though I'm naming the worker 'testWorker1'

I know Tomcat is reading the correct workers.properties file, because when I remove it, Tomcat complains.

BTW, here's my <location directive:

  <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
     modJk="c:/Apache2/modules/mod_jk-2.0.42.dll"  />

Anybody know what's going on?

-Dave Naden

Re: mod_jk quirk?

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Hi -

AFAIK, Tomcat never reads workers.properties, only mod_jk reads
workers.properties.

If you use the auto-generation, your worker will always be named ajp13.  If
you need something else, you need to configure things manually.  The
ApacheConfig classes are a convenience, not a requirement, and could easily
go away in the future (they're not even used for JK2 which is where the
current dev efforts are).

The complaints you are getting when you change or remove workers.properties
are from Apache and mod_jk, not Tomcat.

John