Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Susheel Jalali <Su...@CoscendCommunications.com> on 2015/09/01 23:29:04 UTC

Re: Moderate (Appear/disappear) a New Menu Item

Dear Maxim,

As you advised regarding OM’s RPC calls, we found “hideActionsMenu”
parameter in RoomWebService methods.

Below we have explained what we are trying to do, our logic and the
issue we are facing.  Could you please provide us a few pointers to
solve them?  Thank you.

------------

What we would like to achieve:
1) Reuse this "hideActions" flag to hide/show the Actions Menu on User
Request (just like they ApplyForModeration).
2) Add the MathMenu as an optional via a new "hideMathMenu" parameter
parallel to “hideActionsMenu”.
3) Be able to control the visibility of this new MathMenu via a flag
attribute of canvas which is based on Moderator approval.

Our logic

These Web service methods:

addRoomWithModerationQuestionsAudioTypeAndHideOptions
updateRoomWithModerationQuestionsAudioTypeAndHideOptions

further call deeper back end classes as:
RoomWebServiceFacade.java  =>  RoomWebService.java  => RoomManager.java =>
  Room.java (Entity) => RoomDTO.java.

 From these classes, we would add the new parameter in all these
files,including getter/setter in last two.

Seeking your guidance
1.  Should we create an attribute "canvas.currentRoomObj.hideMathMenu"
and in which file
     (similar to "canvas.currentRoomObj.hideActionsMenu").

2.  Where can it be assigned the currently desired/ approved value after
moderator approves/denies a request from a specific user?

3.  What is the correct way to refer to a Menu Dropdown (contained in
the Menubar of Lz.canvas) from other classes of OpenLaszlo
      (or Java if possible)?

    We tried to make its  "visible" depend on "isAllowedToScreenShare",
but it did not work:

   <class name="conferenceMathMenu" extends="view"
visible="${ canvas.currentRoomObj.hideActionsMenu ? false :

((classroot.viewType=='conference') ?

((canvas.ismoderator) ?true : canvas.isAllowedToScreenShare)) }" >

4. What is the correct file/ class whose method should update the value
of this Flag to operate the hide/show of menu.
Earlier we were changing  moderationMiniIconsEventUserList. and
participantListItem.lzx, but got errors

       // Intended to affect only the current user (who applied for its
use and got approved)
canvas.currentRoomObj._conferencemenu._mathmenu.setAttribute( "visible",
true );

It gave:
       WARNING
@modules/conference/participants/participantListItem.lzx˜191: reference
to undefined property '_conferencemenu'
       ERROR
@modules/conference/participants/participantListItem.lzx˜191: undefined
object does not have a property '_mathmenu'
       WARNING
@modules/conference/participants/participantListItem.lzx˜191: reference
to undefined property '_mathmenu'
       ERROR
@modules/conference/participants/participantListItem.lzx˜191: undefined
object does not have a property 'setAttribute'

  5.  Do we need to add a parameter to ConferenceRoomLayoutOptions.xml
like:
    Already existing:  hideActionsMenu
    Newly added: hideMathMenu

Susheel Jalali

Web site:www.CoscendCommunications.com
<http://www.CoscendCommunications.com>

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
You need to "freeze" your use-case

1) you can have new Room parameter (then it can't be dynamic)
2) you can have dynamic property (based on moderator action after room
enter)

based on the use-case above you can create implementation

RPC call has nothing in common with WebService (as an example you can check
how "audio activity" is being send to all users, or even better
enable/disable video in latest 3.0.7 SNAPSHOT

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 3:29 AM, Susheel Jalali <

WBR
Maxim aka solomax