Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ka...@o2.pl on 2004/12/31 16:11:04 UTC

How to check out shered directory?

Hi,

I made a fsfs repository on a shered directory on path

\\server\public\repository

How do I checkout it?

I tryed the obvious:

svn co file://server/public/repository

but it didn't work. It says that hostname is wrong.

I need to do it like this, without changing anything on the server machine.

Please help.
Kamil

Re: How to check out shered directory?

Posted by Kevin Williams <ke...@bantamtech.com>.
Have you tried the obvious suggestion of RTFM? :-P

Seriously, using the file:// URL scheme is normally for local disks
only. For Windows shared drives, you can also use file:// if the remote
shared folder is mapped to a local drive letter.

First map a drive letter (X, for example) to the shared directory
(//server/public), then use something like "file:///X:/repository".

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch02s03.html#svn-ch-2-sidebar-1