Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Bhaskar Dutta <bh...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/25 15:57:28 UTC

Hive 0.12 status

Hi,

Is the Hive 0.12 release still not considered "stable"? The stable
directory in the apache mirrors show Hive 0.11 as the stable version.

I am testing it with Hadoop 2.2.0 and Oozie 4.0.0 which is same as the HDP
2.0 stack.

>>>On the mirror, all recent releases are available, but are not guaranteed
to be stable. For stable releases, look in the stable directory.

Thanks,
Bhaskie

Re: Hive 0.12 status

Posted by Bhaskar Dutta <bh...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:11 PM, Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>wrote:

> All stable really is is a sym link, Hive is heavily unit and integration
> tested. Also the release is not made after some manual testing as well.
> releases have historically been very stable. 12 has been out for some time.
>

> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Bhaskar Dutta <bh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is the Hive 0.12 release still not considered "stable"? The stable
>> directory in the apache mirrors show Hive 0.11 as the stable version.
>>
>> I am testing it with Hadoop 2.2.0 and Oozie 4.0.0 which is same as the
>> HDP 2.0 stack.

>> guaranteed to be stable. For stable releases, look in the stable directory.

Thanks, I figured it out as well, considering that Hive 0.12 is already
part of HDP 2.0 as well as CDH 5.0, but it does confuse someone new who
might consider that it is not the latest stable release.

Regards,
Bhaskie

Re: Hive 0.12 status

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.