Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Igor Fedorenko <ig...@ifedorenko.com> on 2013/10/04 13:18:50 UTC

Re: Leaving Maven Core POMs at major.minor-SNAPSHOT

Practical question. What should be supported maven version range for new
ITs introduced during 3.1.2 development, [3.1,)? This means we'd need to
tag ITs, right? Otherwise it wouldn't be possible to successfully rerun
ITs for 3.1 and 3.1.1, unless I am mistaken.

Igor

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
true, having this version during development does not permit core its range as
usual: an IT for a minor version will be run only at release time, but not
before and after

that's a major issue, IMHO

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
Good point. I did some experiments with the version:set plugin and I can live with the rollback using that. So I reset the poms to 3.1.2-SNAPSHOT. Problem solved.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Good catch!