Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by MY...@jri-america.com on 2008/05/30 16:10:11 UTC

Efficent way to return result sets from Oracle.

Gentlemen:

          I have inherited a legacy iBatis application which uses liberally
Hashmaps and Collections to build key-value pairs which ultimately
tie into various jsps to dispay the queries from Oracle.  After going
through
the iBatis in Action book, there are referecnes to using an iBatis
DAO framework.  The previous dev team went overboard to use
Java collections to retreive the result sets fom Oracle.  There are
approximately 35 different types of queries.  I would like to know
from the iBatis user community whether using the HashMap is overkill
and whether it is worth the time to retrofi the app/iBatis framework
with a more simpler approach and methodology and stick closer to the
auspices of the iBatis book.  The examples in the book are far more
lucid.  Using Hashmaps, etc just clutters the thinking and honestly
add unnecessary intellectual obfuscation.  I would be most interested
in the perspectives of this community.   I llok forward to hear back from
you.

        Kind regards,

        Mason Yu Jr.
        Sr. developer

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this
email in error please notify the sender by replying to this
email and then delete it from your system.

No reliance may be placed upon this email without written
confirmation of its contents and any liability arising from
such reliance without written confirmation is hereby
excluded.

JRI America