Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Siddharth Naik <si...@softaid.in> on 2018/03/22 14:07:54 UTC

Null Pointer Exception for (PdfBox) on pdfStripper.getText(document)

Hello,

I am using PDFBox v2.0.8
I am getting java.lang.NullPointerException for few PDF documents, when I
use ' pdfStripper.getText(document)'. But this works well for few PDF
documents.

Please find below the related code for reference.

/*Code*/
File file = new File("E:/Temcat.pdf");
PDDocument document = PDDocument.load(file);
PDFTextStripper pdfStripper = new PDFTextStripper();
int pages = document.getNumberOfPages();
for(int i=1; i<=pages; i++){
   pdfStripper.setStartPage(i);
   pdfStripper.setEndPage(i);
   try {
      text = pdfStripper.getText(document);
      System.out.println(text);
    } catch (Exception e) {
      e.printStackTrace();
    }
}

Also, please find attached the Stack Trace.

Kindly let me know where this is going wrong.
Help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Siddharth Naik

Re: Null Pointer Exception for (PdfBox) on pdfStripper.getText(document)

Posted by Attila Kiss <ki...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Try this:

for(int i=0; i<pages; i++){

As I know, the page indicies starts from zero like an array.
Hope it helps!

Attila