Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org> on 2011/01/28 00:04:11 UTC

Going emeritus

Hi,

I would like to go emeritus. I've been hesitating for quite long time
because I'm still emotionally connected to this project.

Cocoon was the first open source project that I contributed to and it's
amazing community shaped me as professional programmer. I literally grew up
with you guys learning how to create great software, foster great community
and how to communicate long before I got enrolled into university. You've
been really influential on how I perceived and continue to perceive open
source. Also, I enjoyed your company as a group of great people.

I would like to especially thank Daniel Fagerstrom, Reinhard Potz and David
Crossley.

This is a sad moment for me but I must admit that I see no chance for
contributing to Cocoon again in a foreseeable future. Actually, I don't even
program in Java anymore. I moved to Scala and I don't want to look back. You
can learn a bit about my recent project over here:
http://scalagwt.gogoego.com/.

I'll update my records in svn in a week and I'll contact PMC to inform about
my decision.

Thanks for a great time and I hope to meet you again in a future.

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: Going emeritus

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
On 01/28/2011 12:04 AM, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to go emeritus. I've been hesitating for quite long time
> because I'm still emotionally connected to this project.
>
> Cocoon was the first open source project that I contributed to and it's
> amazing community shaped me as professional programmer. I literally grew
> up with you guys learning how to create great software, foster great
> community and how to communicate long before I got enrolled into
> university. You've been really influential on how I perceived and
> continue to perceive open source. Also, I enjoyed your company as a
> group of great people.
>
> I would like to especially thank Daniel Fagerstrom, Reinhard Potz and
> David Crossley.
>
> This is a sad moment for me but I must admit that I see no chance for
> contributing to Cocoon again in a foreseeable future. Actually, I don't
> even program in Java anymore. I moved to Scala and I don't want to look
> back. You can learn a bit about my recent project over here:
> http://scalagwt.gogoego.com/.
>
> I'll update my records in svn in a week and I'll contact PMC to inform
> about my decision.
>
> Thanks for a great time and I hope to meet you again in a future.

Grzegorz,

I wish you all the best and thanks a lot for your contributions to Cocoon.

     http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap

Re: Going emeritus

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> Thanks for a great time and I hope to meet you again in a future.

It was good. Thanks for all that you did for Cocoon.

All the best.

-David