Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by David Montgomery <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/27 12:08:36 UTC

kafka.common.LeaderNotAvailableError

H.

Why do I get the below when I use python kafka?  Is this a buggy client?

LeaderNotAvailableError:
PartitionMetadata(topic='topic-impression-production', partition=0,
leader=-1, replicas=(), isr=(), error=5)

What is most disturbing I get the below when I run describe from the
command line.  I gather no issue.  There seems to be a clear leader.  I am
assume this is a python client issue?  How do I debug?

bin/kafka-topics.sh --describe --zookeeper 111.111.111:2181 --topic
topic-impression-production
Topic:topic-impression-production    PartitionCount:2
ReplicationFactor:2    Configs:
    Topic: topic-impression-production    Partition: 0    Leader: 26680
Replicas: 21441,26680    Isr: 26680
    Topic: topic-impression-production    Partition: 1    Leader: 26680
Replicas: 26680,21441    Isr: 26680

Thanks

Re: kafka.common.LeaderNotAvailableError

Posted by Dana Powers <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi David - did you see my response on the earlier thread? Let me know if
this is a different issue.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/kafka-users/201512.mbox/%3CCAKRFjjVZ7u4vnnMiPzxGc_oYYnnBqNjAGpfkC8GLj6MdLUvq6w%40mail.gmail.com%3E

-Dana