Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com> on 2005/01/07 01:08:13 UTC

Bundled Jetty: why "not for production"?

I've seen it stated or suggested that the Jetty bundled w/ Cocoon is
somehow not production-worthy (for instance, here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-
users&m=110484213120668&w=2).  But I've never gotten a straight answer
as to why this is held to be true.

???

Mark

Re: Bundled Jetty: why "not for production"?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 7 janv. 05, à 01:08, Mark Lundquist a écrit :

> I've seen it stated or suggested that the Jetty bundled w/ Cocoon is
> somehow not production-worthy (for instance, here:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-
> users&m=110484213120668&w=2).  But I've never gotten a straight answer
> as to why this is held to be true.

IIRC the idea was mostly that people should do tune their servlet
containers to their needs, and know it well instead of just using some
default setup out of the box.

The bundled Jetty would certainly work as is for many applications, but
we don't want people to use it blindly without asking themselves some
questions about tuning, maintenance, uptime, etc., hence the hint to go
download the full package and its documentation, or to evaluate
alternatives.

That's my personal intepretation, hope this helps.
-Bertrand