Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Andrew Johnson <aj...@etsy.com> on 2015/02/23 16:48:27 UTC

Hadoop and nslcd

Hey everyone,

I am seeing an intermittent issue with the Namenode looking up the groups
for a given user.  We are using JniBasedUnixGroupsMapping.

I see messages like the following in the namenode logs:

015-02-23 15:42:37,184 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: No groups available for
user <username>

The affected users do exist and are in groups.  The failures occur when
looking up groups from LDAP.  It is not consistent either - sometimes the
group lookups succeed and sometimes they do not.  When the lookup fails, I
see the following in /var/log/messages:

Feb 23 15:37:52 nn01 nslcd[21501]: [37e80a] error reading from client:
Success

I started seeing this with nslcd 0.7.5, but have upgraded to 0.8.12 and
have the same issue.  I've also tried increasing the number of threads for
nslcd, but that also did not help.

Has anyone had similar issues?

Thanks for your help!

--
Andrew Johnson

Re: Hadoop and nslcd

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.
look for busy network resulting in network timeouts to LDAP server
(assuming LDAP itself is not overloaded).

*.......*

*“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in apretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside
in a cloud of smoke,thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter ThompsonDaemeon C.M. ReiydelleUSA
(+1) 415.501.0198London (+44) (0) 20 8144 9872*

Re: Hadoop and nslcd

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hadoop and nslcd

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.