Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Giovanni Azua <gi...@imc.nl> on 2007/10/03 16:46:27 UTC

execAndWait interceptor and Tiles problem ..

hi,

I have the struts.xml definition as shown below that uses execAndWait
interceptor and Tiles. The problem is that either:

a) Using tiles the delaySleepInterval is ignored and the wait page never
refreshes i.e. when SimulationRunAction completes it is never redirected
to success result.
b) Not using tiles the execAndWait interceptor works fine just display
the default unformatted text that does not comply with our company's Web
theme.

Please suggest a possible solution or otherwise where can I file a bug?

<action name="SimulationRun"
class="com.sag.optimizer.ui.web.action.simulation.SimulationRunAction">
 <interceptor-ref name="defaultStack"/>
 <interceptor-ref name="execAndWait">
       <param name="delay">1000</param>
      <param name="delaySleepInterval">1000</param>
 </interceptor-ref>
 <result name="wait" type="tiles">webui.requestWait</result>
 <result name="success" type="tiles">webui.simulationReport</result>
 <result name="error" type="tiles">webui.requestFailed</result>
</action>

regards,
Giovanni

Re: execAndWait interceptor and Tiles problem ..

Posted by Giovanni Azua <gi...@imc.nl>.
hi Antonio,

It works like a dream! :)))

Non ho visto quella, ma adesso funziona a posto :)

Grazie mille ancora ed buena serata,

saluti,
Giovanni

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/10/3, Giovanni Azua <gi...@imc.nl>:
>     <head>
>         <title><tiles:getAsString name="title"/></title>
>             content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
>         <script type="text/javascript" src="js/drop_down.js"></script>
>             @import "css/screen.css";
>             @import "css/main.css";
>             @import "css/menu.css";
>         <s:head theme="ajax"/>
>        </head>

You have no meta refresh, just add:

> Muchas gracias por adelantado!

I am Italian, not Spanish :-) Anyway I understood it ;-)

Antonio

Re: execAndWait interceptor and Tiles problem ..

Posted by Giovanni Azua <gi...@imc.nl>.
hola antonio,

Please find all the information below.

Muchas gracias por adelantado!

regards,
Giovanni

The tiles definition is:

<definition name="webui.requestWait" template="/tiles/layout.jsp">
  <put-attribute name="title" value="Operation in Progress ..."/>
  <put-attribute name="body" value="/jsp/requestWait.jsp"/>
</definition>

The requestWait.jsp page is:

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"%>
<%@ taglib prefix="s" uri="/struts-tags"%>

text-align: center;">
    We are processing your request. Please wait.
You can click this link to <a href="<s:url
includeParams="all"/>">refresh</a>
The layout.jsp template is:

<%@ taglib uri="http://tiles.apache.org/tags-tiles" prefix="tiles" %>
<tiles:importAttribute name="title" scope="request"/>
    <head>
        <title><tiles:getAsString name="title"/></title>
            content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/drop_down.js"></script>
            @import "css/screen.css";
            @import "css/main.css";
            @import "css/menu.css";
        <s:head theme="ajax"/>
       </head>
    <jsp:include page="menu.jsp" />

                <h2><tiles:getAsString name="title"/></h2>

               <tiles:insertAttribute name="body"/>

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.