Posted to nmaven-dev@incubator.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/30 00:16:48 UTC

AnkhSVN 2.0 anyone?

Has anyone looked at AnkhSVN 2.0, the new version of the Subversion
integration for VS?  It's completely integrated now-- no longer an
Addin.

Does this type of integration make sense for NMaven?

ISTR there being some reason that NMaven had to be an Addin.  Was
there, and if so does that restriction still apply?

[1] http://ankhsvn.open.collab.net/servlets/ProjectProcess?pageID=3794

Wendy

Re: AnkhSVN 2.0 anyone?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
They're using the source control (SCC) infrastructure [1].

The alternatives were an add-in or an integration package (VSPackage)
[2] [3].

It was determined that an integration package would be better, but
that it might constrain the ability to do it under open source. [4]

It might be a good time to revisit this and consult the legal lists.

Cheers,
Brett

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb165323(VS.80).aspx

[2] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb286994(VS.80).aspx

[3] http://dotnet.sys-con.com/node/105646?page=1

[4] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/NMAVEN-13

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: AnkhSVN 2.0 anyone?

Posted by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com>.
Also looks like sandcastle may be back on the menu:
http://port25.technet.com/archive/2008/07/02/sandcastle-redux.aspx

Shane

Re: AnkhSVN 2.0 anyone?

Posted by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com>.