Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> on 2006/04/01 13:05:46 UTC

Axis2.war vs Axis2 repository

Hi all;

In the case of war distribution there was no way to give the repository
location and it will always picked the axis2/WEB-INF as the repository ,
and when it comes to un-pack war case it gives some problems. But now
user can change it by editing web.xml (un-commenting the following
section and set the value as he require)

<init-param
<param-name>repository</param-name>
<param-value>/WEB-INF</param-value>
</init-param>

Note : the parameter value should be absolute path , NOT a relative path

This does give a solution to unpack war scenario as well , the solution
is simple there are two options
1.Edit the web.xml as mention above (I think it is possible to do that ,
user can unpack the war and put the edited web.xml into it and pack again.)
2.Create folder called “axis2repository” inside the user.home then , if
it is present then system will take that as the repository (axis2 will
not create a file if that is not present)

Note : Axis2 can run without having a repository but the problem is what
is the use case of that , server without any web services. So better to
use one of the above options.

(This is the solution to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-240)

Deepal
~Future is Open~

Re: Axis2.war vs Axis2 repository

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Cool; sounds good.

Is the approach of setting the repo to a URL working now? If so doesn't
that also help here?

(If not can we get it working ... its a very useful feature. Yes I know
that its read-only but still very useful because you can run multiple
servers off one repo then.)

Sanjiva.