Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Merico Raffaele <ra...@less.ch> on 2004/10/13 12:11:22 UTC

AW: Velocity versus pure XSLT

Dear Bertrand

First of all, sorry for the long interrput. When I got your email I was in
vacation until today.
2) thanks a lot for your tips
3) Yes, we are willing to share our know how on style-free XSLT style
sheets. I just want to remember, that our contribution has a main focus on
XSLT and therefore I'm not sure if this is the right place for it. Reflect
it and tell me if it's OK.

Raffaele Merico
LESS Informatik AG
Böhnirainstrasse 14
CH-8800 Thalwil

Tel: +41 1 723 12 22
Dir: +41 1 723 92 45
Fax: +41 1 723 12 23

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Raffaele,

> ...3) Yes, we are willing to share our know how on style-free XSLT
> style
> sheets. I just want to remember, that our contribution has a main
> focus on
> XSLT and therefore I'm not sure if this is the right place for it.
> Reflect
> it and tell me if it's OK..

I think XSLT is a big stumbling block for many people when starting
with Cocoon, yet learning it is very worth the effort.

So I'd say yes, if your stuff can help people use XSLT more efficiently
in Cocoon, I'd be +1 on finding some space for it in one of our blocks,
even if it's "just" as a sample.

So maybe the best thing would be, when you find some time, to package
the simplest sample that you can think of, and submit it as a patch so
that the committers can decide on a concrete basis. But IMHO good
samples and best practices examples are always welcome.

-Bertrand