Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Daniel Hannum <dh...@quovadx.com> on 2007/03/14 20:06:24 UTC

Tweaking af:table for printable pages

Hi,

I want to make a printable page, and I've seen the CSS/media method
described here:

http://www.orablogs.com/fnimphius/archives/001830.html

I'm fairly certain it will work. But, I have a page with an af:table in
it, and I'd like it to not page the results (size="0") if we're
printable. Up until now, I've been setting and checking a variable in
requestScope to know to set size to 0 at the right time. If I use the
CSS method, I would need a way to check the media type via EL.

Can this be done? Or am I up a creek until ADF has improved printable
page support?

Thanks

Dan

Re: Tweaking af:table for printable pages

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
Trinidad does have quite a bit of support for printable pages already,
albeit not via CSS media elements.  Instead, if RequestContext.getOutputMode
()
returns "printable", we'll render alternative, printable content.

You make it return "printable" via trinidad-config.xml.
For example, if you had:

  <output-mode>#{yourBean.printableMode ? "printable" : null</output-mode>

... then we'd switch into printable mode when yourBean's
isPrintableMode() method returned true.

-- Adam

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.