Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org> on 2018/01/24 13:24:47 UTC

[DISCUSS] Nearing Daffodil 2.1.0 release?

I think we are getting pretty close to our first Apache release. I think
I have a pretty good understanding of the Apache incubation release
process [1], so I can volunteer to be the Release Manager for 2.1.0.
Below are the remaining tickets that I think should be resolved for
2.1.0. If anyone has any additions/removals, here is the place for that
discussion.

[DAFFODIL-1859] - Switch to apache.org namespace and Apache v2 license

  This has completed review (PR 25) and is on hold until all other
  commits are merged to minimize issues with merge conflicts.

[DAFFODIL-1846] - TDML Runner - Infoset.contents is stripping off all
attributes

  This has completed review (PR 24) but needs to be merged.

[DAFFODIL-1876] - Improve performance regression due to FormatInfo changes

  I believe Mike Beckerle is working on this now.

[DAFFODIL-1871] - XMLTextInfosetOutputter endDocument should flush the
writer

  This is a one line change that users and I run into and can easily
  waste a lot of time.

[DAFFODIL-1844] - XMLTextInfosetOutputter should output an XML declaration

  Like the above, one-line change that users have run into

- Steve

[1] https://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html

Re: [DISCUSS] Nearing Daffodil 2.1.0 release?

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
Good catch. Yes, this will be in 2.1.0 as well. There is currently a
pull request to fix some minor bugs in DAFFODIL-1739 that should be in
2.1.0.