Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Jeremiah Adams <JA...@helixeducation.com> on 2018/09/11 17:02:29 UTC

Java 11 OpenJDK/Oracle Java Release Cadence Questions

Hello,

Are there any documents available concerning Zookeeper's support for Java 11 and documents regarding models supporting Oracle's new licensing and release cadences?

Thanks.

Jeremiah Adams
Software Engineer
www.helixeducation.com<http://www.helixeducation.com/>
Blog<http://www.helixeducation.com/blog/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/HelixEducation> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/HelixEducation> | LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/3609946>

Re: Java 11 OpenJDK/Oracle Java Release Cadence Questions

Posted by Jeremiah Adams <JA...@helixeducation.com>.
Thanks Norbert. That's what I was looking for.

Jeremiah Adams
Software Engineer
www.helixeducation.com
Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted by Norbert Kalmar <nk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Theres already a Jira and PR available to fix 3.4 JDK11 related errors:
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/626

Posted by Norbert Kalmar <nk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hi Jeremiah,

Posted by Jeremiah Adams <JA...@helixeducation.com>.
My primary concern is the drop of support and security patches for Java8 in January by Oracle. It will require paying for support if not upgraded to Java 11. We are trying to get ahead of this because of budgets.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/ZooKeeper/job/ZooKeeper-trunk-java11/

https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.13/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_requiredSoftware

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.