Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/24 13:13:36 UTC

[Axis2]WS-Commons transports project

Hi all,

I think most of you guys have forgotten about the proposal of moving
Axis2 transport as a separate projects. However I did not forget that ;-)
As the first step I moved all the transport into a separate module into
Axis2 called "transports" and add dependency to that module , for all
the module which are going to use Axis2 transport.

As I mentioned the moving is not complete , since I think there are some
code cleanup has to be done before moving into a separate project. Once
I done with that I will give you the green light.

I have make sure that all the test cases are working fine after my
changes , but you also run the build and see whether thats works fine
for you.
> Ah I forgot about the commons-dev aspect. Maybe its easier to avoid
> yet another list and use commons-dev .. so I'm fine with what you
> proposed.
>
> Sanjiva.
>
> Glen Daniels wrote:
>> Hey Sanjiva:
>>
>> Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
>>> Glen, why ws/commons/transports? Why not ws/transports??
>>  >

Deepal
http://blogs.deepal.org/

Re: [Axis2]WS-Commons transports project

Posted by sumedha rubasinghe <su...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 12:29 AM, sumedha rubasinghe <su...@apache.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Yes I found that and I am working on that now.
>>
>>  axis2-kernel doesn't build anymore because it depends on classes in
>>> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.util which are no longer there.
>>>
>>> Andreas
>>>
>>> Checked with latest code from SVN (Revision: 671282).
> Build is successful.

Added missing transport jar/source files to binary/source distribution.  If
you are testing, please get the latest from SVN.
/sumedha

Re: [Axis2]WS-Commons transports project

Posted by sumedha rubasinghe <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by sumedha rubasinghe <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by sumedha rubasinghe <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@skynet.be>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@skynet.be>.
On June 24, at 13:13, Deepal jayasinghe wrote:

> I think most of you guys have forgotten about the proposal of moving
> Axis2 transport as a separate projects. However I did not forget
> that ;-)

You did (well, almost ;-)

More seriously, now that you are going to move the existing Axis2
transports to the ws-commons project, it will be our turn to move the
Synapse transports there. Did anybody start to elaborate a plan to do
this? I think there are several steps that must be completed before we
can do this move.

Regards,

Andreas

Re: [Axis2]WS-Commons transports project

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@skynet.be>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@skynet.be>.