Posted to dev@samoa.apache.org by Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <gd...@apache.org> on 2015/04/02 10:55:44 UTC

Re: Implementing Naive Bayes on Top of Storm

Hi,

Yes, SAMOA has a NB implementation. However, the implementation works only
for ensemble methods right now (
http://samoa.incubator.apache.org/documentation/Bagging-and-Boosting.html).
You can have a look at the code here:
samoa-api/src/main/java/com/yahoo/labs/samoa/learners/classifiers/NaiveBayes.java
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-samoa/blob/94f6f7652ad19c0160622a5d34cfa80119cca07a/samoa-api/src/main/java/com/yahoo/labs/samoa/learners/classifiers/NaiveBayes.java>

If you want a single NB method, it can also be done but requires a bit of
coding to integrate the existing NB into a SAMOA learner, and handle edge
cases. We have plans to do it anyway so if you want to tackle the task it
would be a welcome addition.

What you need to write is a way to convert your raw data (text) in SAMOA
instances.
We are working on a preprocessing pipeline but it's still not ready.

Do not hesitate to ask if you need more guidance.

Cheers,

--
Gianmarco