Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by w00t w00t <w0...@yahoo.de> on 2013/08/08 15:10:30 UTC

Oozie and Lzo on Hortonworks 1.2 - ClassNotFoundException

Hello,
I ran Hortonworks' Sandbox 1.2 and used Oozie successfully to run Java MR, Pig and Hive jobs.

Then I installed Lzo support which now seems to break my Oozie.
I adjusted core-site.xml in the following way:
  <property>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>io.compression.codec.lzo.class</name>
    <value>com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzoCodec</value>
  </property>

I now have the same situation as documented here:
http://mapredit.blogspot.com/2013/02/lzo-compression-with-oozie.html

Oozie can't start any MR jobs and reports:
ClassNotFound error (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzoCodec not found)

I am not sure where to place /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/hadoop-lzo-0.5.0.jar... I tried several things but was not successful..

I read that it needs to be put into /var/lib/oozie.
I am not sure whether this is the right location as there is the following directory strucuture:
/var/lib/oozie/oozie-server
/var/lib/oozie/oozie-server/conf
/var/lib/oozie/oozie-server/webapps
/var/lib/oozie/oozie-server/work

=> seems for me to be the Oozie Tomcat application.

Another possible location is /usr/lib/oozie/lib.
But again, putting the jar here and restarting Oozie did not solve the problem.

Can you help me to fix this problem?

I appreciate any help.

Re: Oozie and Lzo on Hortonworks 1.2 - ClassNotFoundException

Posted by w00t w00t <w0...@yahoo.de>.
Thank you very much for your replies.

I tried the sharelib configuration, but that didn't work... I have no clue why it is not working.

However, I got it working.

Here is a how-to from the Hortonworks documentation:
http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-1.2.1/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap8-1.html
In this how-to, the library hadoop-lzo-0.5.0.jar gets packed into the war-file of Oozie

Thanks for all of your support!

________________________________
i'm not familiar with the hw oozie setup, but if you put the lzo jar in the same dirs the oozie-core jar is, it should work.

if not i'd suggest reaching out the hw alias for their recommended way of doing it

thx

Alejandro
(phone typing)

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
This may not be helpful but you are better off with snappy compression. Its
comparable speed/compression wise with lzo and does not have licensing
issues with hadoop

Posted by Ken Ernst <ke...@mobileposse.com>.
This article may helpŠ

http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2012/12/how-to-use-the-sharelib-in-apache-ooz