Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Raffa News <ra...@googlemail.com> on 2011/12/06 17:25:08 UTC

Duplicate plugin entries in effective POM

Hi,

we are currently upgrading our projects from Maven 2.2.1 to Maven 3.0.3.
At the moment we are running in some problems which involve duplicate
entries for the Maven Dependency Plugin(Version 2.2) in the effective POM.

Inside a profile 'xyz' we definded the Maven-Dependency-Plugin. The
configuration with the artifactItems will be generate during the build
process by a self-developed plugin. Our POM looks like this:

[...]
<profile>
   <id>xyz</id>
   [...]
   <build>
     <plugins>
       [...]
       <plugin>
         <executions>
           <execution>
             <id>copy-stuff</id>
             <phase>validate</phase>
             <goals>
               <goal>copy</goal>
             </goals>
             <configuration>
               <silent>true</silent>
             </configuration>
           </execution>
           <execution>
             <id>copy-common-stuff</id>
             <phase>validate</phase>
             <goals>
               <goal>copy</goal>
             </goals>
             <configuration>
               <silent>true</silent>
             </configuration>
           </execution>
         </executions>
       </plugin>
       [...]
     </plugins>
   </build>
</profile>
[...]

The effective POM for this project has two entries for the Maven
Dependency Plugin. The first entry (directly locate under <build>) will
work properly because the right configuration and artifactItems were
generated. The second entry remains under <profile> without any
configuration.
And that seems to be the problem because the Maven build failed with a
PluginParameterException ('The parameters 'artifactItems' ... are
missing or invalid.').

Surprisingly the Maven 2 build generates the same effective POM and
finishes without any problems.

Any hints are appreciated.

Thanks,
Raffa