Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> on 2020/01/22 02:15:44 UTC

Roadmap for Groovy 4

Hi folks,

With Groovy 3 final release approaching we should think a bit more about
our roadmap for Groovy 4. At the moment, there are a few Jiras and ad-hoc
discussions that have taken place but it's a little hard to find it all.
I've created a draft release notes here:

http://groovy-lang.org/releasenotes/groovy-4.0.html

Feel free to suggest changes. We can spawn off any additional Jiras and
GEPs as needed.

There will also be some knock on for tools and related libraries, e.g. we
are still finessing Groovy 3.0 to work well with the next release of Spock
and as one other example, Codenarc uses groovy.util.XmlSlurper but that
changes to groovy.xml.XmlSlurper under Groovy 4, so will need to change
(both XmlSlurper classes are in Groovy 3). So, there will no doubt be more
we can do to make life easier for tool support or we can spawn off issues
for those respective projects if needed as well.

And finally, thanks for all your great contributions as we start this new
year.

Cheers, Paul.

Re: Roadmap for Groovy 4

Posted by "Daniel.Sun" <su...@apache.org>.
LGTM

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

-----
Apache Groovy committer & PMC member
Blog: http://blog.sunlan.me
Twitter: @daniel_sun

Re: Roadmap for Groovy 4

Posted by Paolo Di Tommaso <pa...@gmail.com>.
My vote goes for fixing the override for `equals` and `toString` methods
for collection classes

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-9003

Cheers,
Paolo