Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by PlagiaTUM <pl...@fs.tum.de> on 2011/10/04 04:16:04 UTC

Re: AuthN only once per request instead once every subrequest

On 05/24/2011 09:29 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
>> The mod_auth_socache way should indeed work, but is a work-around,
>> not a fix. We would like to fix the situation for the benefit of
>> all httpd users.
> There may already be something for you in 2.3:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=644525
>
> Can you try if 2.3.12 or the version from svn trunk fixes your
> problem?

We had some trouble getting 2.3.12 and 2.3.13 to build on our old and
interestingly configured OpenSolaris machine, but 2.3.14 built OK. We
cannot test this still, because mod-auth-external [1] has not yet been
converted to the 2.4 AAA API. We've written its maintainer to see
whether there is work underway for doing that, maybe we even can help out.

In the meantime, thanks a lot for your helpful response!

If we progress further at this pace, we surely will have a solution
until 2.4 is out.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/mod-auth-external/

--
PlagiaTUM - Not responding for months, we're cool like that