Posted to users@camel.apache.org by yxl01 <li...@mayo.edu> on 2013/05/24 22:51:33 UTC

Help with Logging Config in WebLogic

We have developed a workflow application using Camel for loading genomic
results into Oracle database.  The application is deployed in WebLogic and
is working well except one issue: all log messages from Camel package are
all written to welogic system console log file and we could not figure out
how to redirect them.

However the log messages from the processor java classes that we wrote are
all written to the log file configured in the log4j configuration through
-Dlog4j.configuration jvm command line argument.

I understand that Camel now uses SLF4J and we can configure it using log4j
configuration parameter above.  The odd thing is that when this same app is
run in a standalone java command (java -Dlog4J...), log messages from Camel
package are written to the specified log file as expected).

We are running:
Camel: 2.10.3
WebLogic: 10.3

Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated!

Yaxiong Lin
Mayo Clinic

p.s. I did notice the following warning when the app is started in both
standalone java app and in WebLogic.  So I am unsure if this is an
indication of anything that needs attention as the standalone app seems to
be working as expected even with these warnings:

SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in
[zip:/u01/app/mwhome_trcce/user_projects/domains/trcce_domain/servers/ce_server1/tmp/_WL_user/BORA_WFM/goovg2/war/WEB-INF/lib/slf4j-jdk14-1.6.4.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/S
taticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in
[zip:/u01/app/mwhome_trcce/user_projects/domains/trcce_domain/servers/ce_server1/tmp/_WL_user/BORA_WFM/goovg2/war/WEB-INF/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl
/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an
explanation.

Re: Help with Logging Config in WebLogic

Posted by David MacDonald <da...@cdonald.net.nz>.
Hi Yaxiong,

I have had similar problems with other software (not Camel) when using log4j
on Weblogic. Our solution was to use:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/web.1111/e13739/config_logs.htm#i1014785,
and in one case we used a custom startup class to force the load of log4j
configuration.

Cheers,
David