Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Pedro F. Giffuni" <gi...@tutopia.com> on 2011/08/28 21:15:21 UTC

[code] TODO list (was RE: svn commit: r1162287 - in /incubator/ooo: trunk-orig/ trunk/)

Hi Dennis;

Hmm... no need to copy everyone that should already
subscribed to the list :-)

Perhaps just put up a note on the blog that the code is finally in?

Eike did the commit of the missing files so things are being worked
on but for now we need to be careful not to break things. Mathias' ApacheMigration page is rather well organized on what should be our priorities:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/ApacheMigration

The only rather trivial item in the TODO is
- "get new ksc5601.h file from XFree86"

- The next thing, I think, is getting OO to use an external ICU
and work on the regex issue.

I am not a committer so I will work on checking which of
the bugzilla issues fixed in LO apply to us and will post
a list of what I find.

While here.. some of their crazy ideas are not so crazy:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Crazy_Ideas

For example, these all seem things we will likely do:
Remove Seamonkey (or make optional)
Replace home-grown regexp parser with some std library
Replace Mozilla Rhino with Google's V8

cheers,

Pedro.

Re: [code] TODO list (was RE: svn commit: r1162287 - in /incubator/ooo: trunk-orig/ trunk/)

Posted by "Pedro F. Giffuni" <gi...@tutopia.com>.
--- On Sun, 8/28/11, Mathias Bauer <Ma...@gmx.net> wrote:

> IMHO we shouldn't commit any work on my task list or even
> further ideas until we got a first build on the platforms
> we want to focus on.

Oh absolutely, I agree. Hopefully we will get to that point
soon though and then (but only then) we will have to start
a new roadmap in the Apache Wiki.

FWIW, we will wait for a stable build before committing
the FreeBSD patches.

Pedro.

Re: [code] TODO list (was RE: svn commit: r1162287 - in /incubator/ooo: trunk-orig/ trunk/)

Posted by Mathias Bauer <Ma...@gmx.net>.
On 28.08.2011 21:15, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:

> Hi Dennis;
>
> Hmm... no need to copy everyone that should already
> subscribed to the list :-)
>
> Perhaps just put up a note on the blog that the code is finally in?
>
> Eike did the commit of the missing files so things are being worked
> on but for now we need to be careful not to break things. Mathias' ApacheMigration page is rather well organized on what should be our priorities:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/ApacheMigration
>
> The only rather trivial item in the TODO is
> - "get new ksc5601.h file from XFree86"
>
> - The next thing, I think, is getting OO to use an external ICU
> and work on the regex issue.
>
> I am not a committer so I will work on checking which of
> the bugzilla issues fixed in LO apply to us and will post
> a list of what I find.
>
> While here.. some of their crazy ideas are not so crazy:
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Crazy_Ideas
>
> For example, these all seem things we will likely do:
> Remove Seamonkey (or make optional)
> Replace home-grown regexp parser with some std library
> Replace Mozilla Rhino with Google's V8

IMHO we shouldn't commit any work on my task list or even further ideas
until we got a first build on the platforms we want to focus on.

Regards,
Mathias

Re: [code] TODO list (was RE: svn commit: r1162287 - in /incubator/ooo: trunk-orig/ trunk/)

Posted by Eike Rathke <oo...@erack.de>.
Hi Pavel,

On Sunday, 2011-08-28 22:01:00 +0200, Pavel Janík wrote:

> On Aug 28, 2011, at 9:47 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>
> > I can't tell from the commit logs whether all of the necessary missing files have been added.  Do you believe they have all been provided?
>
> Surely not all. To get my build finished, I need:
>
> ?       trunk/main/dictionaries/de_DE/README_hyph_de_DE.txt
> ?       trunk/main/dictionaries/de_CH/README_hyph_de_CH.txt
> ?       trunk/main/dictionaries/de_AT/README_hyph_de_AT.txt
> ?       trunk/main/apache-commons/patches/codec.patch
> ?       trunk/main/hwpfilter/source/hwpeq.cpp
> ?       trunk/main/filter/source/xslt/odf2xhtml/export/common/body.xsl
> ?       trunk/main/filter/source/xslt/odf2xhtml/export/common/styles/style_mapping_css.xsl

I now commited those as well, additionally to the two I mentionend
earlier, all taken from OOO340 hg repo.

  Eike

RE: [code] TODO list (was RE: svn commit: r1162287 - in /incubator/ooo: trunk-orig/ trunk/)

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Pavel,

OT: I should have known not to attempt the commit during hours while Eike is awake.  If I'd thought to do an SVN Update first, I would have saved myself the need to clear out 7 conflicts for already-added files [;<).

Thanks for providing that.

On Aug 28, 2011, at 10:01 PM, Pavel Janík wrote:

> On Aug 28, 2011, at 9:47 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>
>> I can't tell from the commit logs whether all of the necessary missing files have been added.  Do you believe they have all been provided?
>
> Surely not all. To get my build finished, I need:
>
> ?       trunk/main/dictionaries/de_DE/README_hyph_de_DE.txt
> ?       trunk/main/dictionaries/de_CH/README_hyph_de_CH.txt
> ?       trunk/main/dictionaries/de_AT/README_hyph_de_AT.txt
> ?       trunk/main/apache-commons/patches/codec.patch
> ?       trunk/main/hwpfilter/source/hwpeq.cpp
> ?       trunk/main/filter/source/xslt/odf2xhtml/export/common/body.xsl
> ?       trunk/main/filter/source/xslt/odf2xhtml/export/common/styles/style_mapping_css.xsl

I put these files at

http://tmp.janik.cz/missing_files.tar.gz

also with the right directory structure...
--
Pavel Janík

Re: [code] TODO list (was RE: svn commit: r1162287 - in /incubator/ooo: trunk-orig/ trunk/)

Posted by Pavel Janík <Pa...@Janik.cz>.

Posted by Pavel Janík <Pa...@Janik.cz>.

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Hi Pedro,

I copied all of those committers as a kind of emphasis that their attention to this might provide the solution.

I can't tell from the commit logs whether all of the necessary missing files have been added.  Do you believe they have all been provided?

I don't think we should announce the code as available until we know what exactly we are announcing.  At the moment, it is the OpenOffice.org code and folks can get the Hg form still.  Until we have dealt with the licensing, I think I would rather keep quiet.

By the way, I am not the official blog poster.  If folks are waiting for me to do something, it is not a duty I have accepted.

It may be a little early for a status update at this point.  We can look again when it is time to report status to the ASF board in early September.  Then we might want to make a blog post too.