Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Safris <se...@safris.org> on 2007/03/29 07:24:56 UTC

RE: maintain own metadata

Right! Sorry for the delay. It turns out I didnt have an account here
associated with my email address and thus I never got your response - no
matter.

1. Simply put, JAX-B is very limited in how much of the XML Schema it
actually understands (or is willing to bind). JAX-B also uses its own
annotations within the XML Schema document to help in binding. My solution,
however, solves those things JAX-B chose to leave behind. My solution is a
complete, working generator of classes from XSD documents for almost any
plausible XSD type declaration. The XSD documents do not require any
modifications to have classes be generated for them. I still need to
establish a feature list for this project, but here it is simpler to state
what is _not supported_:
a. <union/>,
b. <list/> simpleTypes or attributes inheriting from non-list simpleTypes
c. <restriction/> containing <enumeration/>s that are excluded from a parent
type.

2. True, the documentation is limited. Please visit http://www.safris.com
and follow the XML Toolkit link for a more in-depth explanation (still needs
a lot more content, but I hope this will do).

Again, I am very interested in the opportunity to maintain my own metadata
on the public repos. The XML Bind project has also been folded into a larger
XML Toolkit framework that is currently under busy development. Please see
http://www.safris.com for more information.