Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Waleed Fateem <wa...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/01 18:02:23 UTC

Can't build Kafka project

Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to Kafka from a development perspective and I'm having some
issues building the project in Eclipse.

I recall being able to do this with the Kafka 0.10.2 source code, but now
I'm having issues with the 0.11 code.

Steps done so far:

- git clone https://github.com/apache/kafka.git

Ran the following from /kafka directory:

- gradle

- ./gradlew jar

- ./gradlew eclipse

I went ahead and imported the project in Eclipse and attempted to build it,
but the 'streams' project is failing to build with the following error:

Project 'streams' is missing required library:
'/Users/waleed/git/apache/kafka/core/build/classes/java/test' streams

Thank you.

Waleed

Re: Can't build Kafka project

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Can you try including 'compileTestJava' in the gradlew command ?

Re: Can't build Kafka project

Posted by Waleed Fateem <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ted,

Re: Can't build Kafka project