Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Siegfried Heintze <si...@heintze.com> on 2004/07/12 07:18:44 UTC

[users@httpd] WebDav Server Accepts local connects but Refuses Outside connections!

I have the following in my httpd.conf file. WebDAV seems to be working from
my local network but I cannot log in from across the public internet and use
the webdav client in IE 5. I can view the web pages on my site remotely,
however. This means my firewall is letting me thru on port 80. Port 80 is
all webdav needs, correct?

(My colleague was having some success using the WebDAV client in Konquerer
on Linux for reading files but never figure out how to write files).

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?  Why cannot I use IE 5/6 to view
my files on my server from a remote client? It keeps prompting me for a
username and password and never grants me access. Below is a fragment from
my httpd.conf file.

   Siegfried

# DavLockDB /usr/local/apache2/var/DavLock
DavLockDB "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/conf/DavLock"
Alias /cgi-source  "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/"
<Location /cgi-source>
  Dav On
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName DAV
  AuthUserFile "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/conf/main.passwd"
  ForceType text/plain
#  <LimitExcept GET POST DEL>
    require user siegfried marty christie scott eric shafi
#  </LimitExcept>
</Location>