Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Angelo Lazzari <la...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/25 11:02:36 UTC

Apple: UDID & Iphone 5 app

Hi all,
i read this article [1] where Apple finally placed his rejection deadline
regarding the use of UDID and about the iphone 5 retina display.

No problem for the UDID, i will manage it in other way but, for the iphone
5 retina display thing, i would like to ask the Flex community if the
mobile application created with Flex Apache are (or will be) compatible
with this restriction.

Thank you very much
Angelo

[1]
http://thenextweb.com/apple/2013/03/21/after-a-year-of-warnings-apple-will-no-longer-accept-any-apps-that-use-udids-as-of-may-1st/

Re: Apple: UDID & Iphone 5 app

Posted by Jonathan Campos <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 5:13 AM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> Anyone with experience with iPhone 5 Flex apps of this have something to
> add? I've not actually not made an iPhone 5 Flex app just going on the info
> I've read.

You are 100% correct. Supporting Retina display is fairly simple. These
changes shouldn't effect your projects too much.

Jonathan Campos

Re: Apple: UDID & Iphone 5 app

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Adobe AIR 3.3 supported both iPhone and iPad retina displays so there should be no issues as long as you use AIR 3.3+ with Apache Flex.

This may help:
http://blogs.adobe.com/airodynamics/2012/11/07/deploying-air-apps-on-iphone-5/

Anyone with experience with iPhone 5 Flex apps of this have something to add? I've not actually not made an iPhone 5 Flex app just going on the info I've read.

Thanks,
Justin