Posted to user@ant.apache.org by mindspin311 <co...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/02 05:47:41 UTC

sudo permissions with scp

I'm using scp to transfer a file to a server. I need to gain access of the
user deploy in order to to this (sudo su deploy) Is there a way to do this
inside the scp task? I currently had to ask a systems guy at my work to give
me temp permissions to use deploy under my current name, but was wondering
if their was a way that I could use sudo to do this?

Re: sudo permissions with scp

Posted by Krzysieq <kr...@gazeta.pl>.
I've played around with sudo in something more or less similar. You might
want to execute something like
bash -c "sudo your_stuff"

rather than the command itself. Don't want to discourage You, but in the end
I dropped the scp task and started doing a simple exec with an ssh command
in it. Don't know why, but I was getting some strange results, and this just
seemed easier.

Cheers,
Chris