Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> on 2008/05/30 11:46:28 UTC

WrongMX plugin

Hello,

I'd like to use WrongMX plugin on our mailservers (I found it very good idea
and I was explicitly searching for it), but I'd like to ask a few questions,
if someone of you uses it:

- did you modify score of it?

- did you modify the maximum time difference allowed for the plugin to hit?

- why does it has single score of '1' when it's a network rule?

I was also thinking about modifying it to be allowed to hit more times with
different scores for smaller time differences (resulting would be sum of all
matched). Any opinions?

Re: WrongMX plugin

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 02.08.08 13:10, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
> Sorry for the huge delay in responding...

Better than not at all...

Here I've meant two or more different rules for different delays, e.g. <30s,
<5min and see the results.

> >> since nobody replied, I installed it, but it does not produce
> >> anything. Could you please check if it still should work?

> > Sorry for bugging. It works, I only need to find a way for using the
> > current recipient.

> I'm not sure what it is you are wanting to do.

I found out that WRONGMX currently hits on our company's mailservers only
when the original recipient is in To:, for messages forwarded from other
domains, when they were delivered through backup MX for those domains.
So, it actually hits correctly, but not when mail is delivered through our
backups, and we only get ~5 hits per day, while many spams go through our
MXes.

I guess the problem may lie in lack of knowledge of who current recipient
really is, as we don't (want to) add X-Envelope-To: header unless the mail
goes to wildcard addresses). I tried to spcify recipient to spamc using -u
option, did not help...

It also may be in setup of our mailservers (primary MX is behind
loadbalancer, mail is directed onto mailhub.nextra.sk, but mailservers'
names are mailhub[1-4].nextra.sk). Does this matter?

Micro$oft random number generator: 0, 0, 0, 4.33e+67, 0, 0, 0...

Re: WrongMX plugin

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Hi Matus,

Sorry for the huge delay in responding...

> On 11.06.08 15:40, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>> On 30.05.08 11:46, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>>> I'd like to use WrongMX plugin on our mailservers (I found it very good
>>> idea and I was explicitly searching for it), but I'd like to ask a few
>>> questions, if someone of you uses it:
>>>
>>> - did you modify score of it?
>>>
>>> - did you modify the maximum time difference allowed for the plugin to hit?
>>>
>>> - why does it has single score of '1' when it's a network rule?
>>>
>>> I was also thinking about modifying it to be allowed to hit more times with
>>> different scores for smaller time differences (resulting would be sum of all
>>> matched). Any opinions?
>> since nobody replied, I installed it, but it does not produce
>> anything. Could you please check if it still should work?
>
> Sorry for bugging. It works, I only need to find a way for using the
> current recipient.

I'm not sure what it is you are wanting to do.

Regards,

Daryl

Re: WrongMX plugin

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 11.06.08 15:40, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 30.05.08 11:46, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> > I'd like to use WrongMX plugin on our mailservers (I found it very good
> > idea and I was explicitly searching for it), but I'd like to ask a few
> > questions, if someone of you uses it:
> >
> > - did you modify score of it?
> >
> > - did you modify the maximum time difference allowed for the plugin to hit?
> >
> > - why does it has single score of '1' when it's a network rule?
> >
> > I was also thinking about modifying it to be allowed to hit more times with
> > different scores for smaller time differences (resulting would be sum of all
> > matched). Any opinions?
>
> since nobody replied, I installed it, but it does not produce
> anything. Could you please check if it still should work?

Sorry for bugging. It works, I only need to find a way for using the
current recipient.
then used against you.

Re: WrongMX plugin

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
Hello,

On 30.05.08 11:46, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> I'd like to use WrongMX plugin on our mailservers (I found it very good
> idea and I was explicitly searching for it), but I'd like to ask a few
> questions, if someone of you uses it:
>
> - did you modify score of it?
>
> - did you modify the maximum time difference allowed for the plugin to hit?
>
> - why does it has single score of '1' when it's a network rule?
>
> I was also thinking about modifying it to be allowed to hit more times with
> different scores for smaller time differences (resulting would be sum of all
> matched). Any opinions?

since nobody replied, I installed it, but it does not produce
anything. Could you please check if it still should work?

Thank you.

Fucking windows! Bring Bill Gates! (Southpark the movie)