Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by erimorgan <mo...@ericsson.com> on 2016/01/08 13:38:45 UTC

[C++ Broker AMQP 1.0] How to connect nodes

Hi all.

I need to create an AMQP 1.0 based server that distributes content. I have
ten producers (P1, P2, ..., P10) and about forty consumers (C1, C2, C3, ...,
C40). Some of the content from the producers are however not allowed to be
consumed by all consumers. This restriction must be controlled in the server
since we do not trust the consumers to only fetch data they are allowed to
access.

Previously I have been working with AMQP 0.9.1 and the changes towards AMQP
1.0 have me a bit confused.

I would like to avoid having one pipeline (sequence of nodes) per possible
permutation, i.e. I do not want one queue per combination of consumer and
producer. Today it is ten and forty, these figures will however grow and I
would like to have a solution that scales in a good way.

My thinking was that I should do the following.

I have one node (let us call it the entry node) that takes all incoming
messages and sends them to forty different nodes (let us call them level 2
nodes), all messages goes to all nodes. There is a target specific filter
between the entry node and the level 2 node that only allows for messages
that have a certain tag/header/property set, e.g. the level 2 node only
receives the messages it is supposed to receive. This tag/header/property is
created by the producers and hence they control which messages that goes to
which level 2 nodes.

The consumers can create a node and connect it to their level 2 node as well
as specify the filter to be used between them. The consumers can not connect
to any other node.

* Is this a good approach/can it be done?
* Is there a better way to do it?
* What kind of nodes should be used?
* How should the producers convey the tag/header/property that identifies
which consumers that should have access to the message?
* How should the filters look like?

Best Regards,
Morgan