Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Fraser Adams <fr...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2012/02/10 19:38:50 UTC

Would there be any issue using JQuery in a Qpid based web application

Hello all
I'm working on a bit of a project where I'm writing a REST interface
around QMF2 and Qpid messaging and using that as back end for a web
application. I think it's quite cool, though don't get too excited as
it's quite early days and too hacky for me to be happy to share yet,
though for the curious it turns out that QMF2 objects work really nicely
serialised as JSON :-)

Anyway my question is whether there is likely to be any issue if I
happen to use JQuery in my web application?

My preference is to be writing the web app in HTML5 plus some Javascript
and so far I've been using my own little utility library, but
reinventing wheels seems pointless so I'm thinking of using JQuery. I
eventually want to submit this stuff as a contribution to the Qpid
community but I'm wondering if there are any problems between the apache
license and the MIT/GPL licenses used for JQuery, they look equally
open, but as they say IANAL

Cheers.
Frase

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Would there be any issue using JQuery in a Qpid based web application

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
The JQuery site says it may be used under either the MIT licence
(http://jquery.org/license/) and the ASF site says the MIT licence is
considered Category A / compatible (
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a ) which makes it
ok.