Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/17 08:01:50 UTC

Announcement?

Um. Where the heck is an announcement about the release? We should be
hitting all channels.

Re: Announcement?

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.
Hi,

Well, if there is to be an announcement, below is the text I had threw
together earlier. As the unavailability of trac-hacks continues, it
might be best to update to refer to this and instructions for getting
the alternative pip requirements files. Any advice on that? Also, I hope
that there is a list somewhere of all the places project release should
be announced.

Cheers,
     Gary

    The Apache Bloodhound (Incubating) team is pleased to announce the
    availability of the Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0-incubating release.

    Apache Bloodhound is a project to provide a tool to track progress
    and defects in projects, with a primary focus on software projects.
    Standing on the shoulders of the well-known Trac project, it will
    provide issue tracking, repository browsing and a simple wiki syntax
    for easy reference. On top of this Bloodhound aims to provide
    intuitive support for managing multiple software projects, an
    advanced user-friendly interface and simple installation with some
    of the most important plugins for Trac available by default.

    The release can be downloaded from
    http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/bloodhound/apache-bloodhound-incubating-0.1.0-RC1.tar.gz

    For further information on Apache Bloodhound, please visit the
    project website at http://incubator.apache.org/bloodhound/

    The Apache Bloodhound Team.

Re: Announcement?

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
Gary?

Re: Announcement?

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 25, 2012 12:06 AM, "Olemis Lang" <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/24/12, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What's the status?
> >
> > IMO, a public and visible release is of the highest priority, in order
> > get some exposure and to build community.
> >

> JFTR , IMO at this point we have enough material to release either
> 0.1.1 containing bug fixes on top of 0.1.0 or a whole shiny 0.2.0
> after reviewing and applying pending patches submitted to the issue
> tracker .

Version numbers are cheap. Call it 0.2.0.

IMO,
-g

Re: Announcement?

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 8/24/12, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the status?
>
> IMO, a public and visible release is of the highest priority, in order to
> get some exposure and to build community.

JFTR , IMO at this point we have enough material to release either
0.1.1 containing bug fixes on top of 0.1.0 or a whole shiny 0.2.0
after reviewing and applying pending patches submitted to the issue
tracker .

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Resolviendo el problema 1 de la IMO 2012 con inversión -
http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/2012/08/resolviendo-el-problema-1-de-la-imo.html

Re: Announcement?

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
What's the status?