Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Heshan Lin <hl...@ncsu.edu> on 2008/07/01 07:32:50 UTC

How to configure RandomWriter to generate less amount of data

Hi,

I'm trying to configure RandomWriter to generate less data than does
the default configuration. I created a job configuration file job.xml
and added in variables given at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/
RandomWriter. Tried a couple of ways of running the program below,
but configurations in job.xml were not taken by RandomWriter.

1) bin/hadoop jar hadoop-*-examples.jar randomwriter rand job.xml
2) bin/hadoop jar hadoop-*-examples.jar randomwriter rand --conf job.xml
3) bin/hadoop jar --conf job.xml hadoop-*-examples.jar randomwriter rand

Passing property values via the -D option didn't seem to work either.
Can anybody advise on how to use the job configuration file properly?

Thanks,
Heshan

Re: How to configure RandomWriter to generate less amount of data

Posted by Heshan Lin <hl...@ncsu.edu>.
Thanks a bunch, Amar! It works fine.

/Heshan

Posted by Amar Kamat <am...@yahoo-inc.com>.