Posted to dev@heron.apache.org by Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/01/06 03:46:53 UTC

Introduction & more

Hi Heron Team,
My name is Sree Vaddi.  I have been on apache.org from its birth.My previous projects were apache gossip, ranger, calcite, drill, ...
I am based in Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
From the page, http://incubator.apache.org/projects/heron.html, I have been subscribing to dev@ instead dev-subscribe@.My bad, I didn't infer (-subscribe) even though I have been on the apache from its birth.  Thank you, Sebb.

It looks like JIRA and other basic setup, still to do.  This is main reason, I submitted ICLA.
Apache conventions incubator-heron.git and incubator-heron-site.git.In the recent projects, we deviated from it and created a git branch 'site', for site pages.

I created slack channel.  Should I update the incubator main page ?

I am planning to do the following. Checking with you, before proceeding to avoid duplicate effort.Code migration for com.twitter.* to org.apache.* ?
Apache license replacements in each file ?
I did the apache gossip website. Should I go ahead and use the same template for Heron website ?
What is the plan for current github pages (documentation) ? Move them to apache github or move to new apache Heron website ?
Setup google hangout or othere video conferencing ?Setup up meetup.com and etc... ? (may be find a food & venue sponsor)
Open to any other in your priority list.
I look forward to a wonderful time working with you all.

Thanking you.
With Regards
Sree650.213.2707 (prefer text)

Re: Introduction & more

Posted by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Nice.Thanks!

Re: Introduction & more

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1 this would be great.

Re: Introduction & more

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

As discussed Karthick will bring this up with Matteo who sits next to him.

Regards,
Dave

Re: Introduction & more

Posted by Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Dave,

Re: Introduction & more

Posted by Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thank you, Karthik, Dave and Herons.
1.
deleted apache-heron.slack.com that I created and joined the existing heronstreaming.slack.com.i liked the 'apache-heron' name, though.
2.will use 'https://github.com/twitter/heron/issues' for bugs.
3.Dave, I think Karthik was referring to this page.https://github.com/twitter/heron/blob/master/README.md

4.It's a google hangout. I don't see a physical location in the invite.https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/streaml.io/oss-heron-sync

5.