Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Uwe Geercken <uw...@web.de> on 2016/09/02 18:34:58 UTC

Apache NiFi - Dev and Prod

Hello,

are there any recommendations or best practices available on how to setup a dev and prod environment with Apache Nifi?

It the simple answer to run Nifi twise on different servers? And if so how would a deployment from dev to prod look like? Through the use of templates?

Thanks for any feedback.

Uwe

Re: Apache NiFi - Dev and Prod

Posted by Russell Bateman <ru...@perfectsearchcorp.com>.
Uwe,

You can get started pronto just using the test mocks available. I've
never had these behave differently in test than in production. I say
this because you've posted to the dev list (as if you're going to
develop custom processors, etc.). Then, you can get started on setting
up your definitive environment while your development is already underway.

This is my experience, in fact, I haven't yet felt the need for a more
highly coupled development-production environment. I'm able to debug my
custom processors running them locally on my development host (here's a
note on that <http://www.javahotchocolate.com/notes/nifi.html#20160323>).

Hope this helps a little.

Russ