Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Sophia Wright <so...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/06 12:01:56 UTC

Re: Message Expiration thorugh broker

Sorry for the late reply...

Actually I don't want to use TimeStampPlugin because it also set JMS
Client's timestamp on the message with a broker timestamp according to the
broker's clock. I don't want to disturb the time stamp which is set by the
producers.

So I thought that I can write my own plugin which only expires messages by
setting expiration time for each message using
"message.setExpiration(expiration);" if expiration time is not provided by
the producer.

So is this a right way to do this ? Are there any consequences of
this(something related to time stamp)

Thanks,
Sophia

Re: Message Expiration thorugh broker

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
The broker camel component should make it easier to do - see http://activemq.apache.org/broker-camel-component.html

On 7 Nov 2013, at 14:59, Sophia Wright <so...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Gary :)

Rob Davies
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc
Twitter: rajdavies
Blog: http://rajdavies.blogspot.com

Re: Message Expiration thorugh broker

Posted by Sophia Wright <so...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Gary :)

Re: Message Expiration thorugh broker

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
that should be fine. for the most part the TimeStampPlugin is used
when client clocks are out of sync with the broker.

Feel free to patch the TimeStampPlugin so just add a missing
expiration as an option and submit a diff.
Seems like an sensible enhancement and all contributions are welcome.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com