Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <ls...@jicarilla.org> on 2004/08/02 15:51:59 UTC

Re: [Proposal] AvailabilityAware

Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> I am now back to the Availability contract, where components can be aware of
> that its dependent components are NOT available at all times.
> I want to add this to Framework, suggesting ver 4.5, and the change AFAICT is
> 100% compatible with both existing containers and existing components,

I think this is just about the optimal way to do it (not that I need it,
but it sounds like it doesn't impact me at all either :-D). One tidbit:
wouldn't call it "XXXAware", as the "Aware" suffix is used in webwork 2
and other places now as a form of setter dependency injection. Would be
confusing. Perhaps "AvailabilitySupport"?

kudos on the "incremental change" path too ;)

- LSD

Re: [Proposal] AvailabilityAware

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Monday 02 August 2004 21:51, Leo Simons wrote:

> I think this is just about the optimal way to do it (not that I need it,
> but it sounds like it doesn't impact me at all either :-D).

I hoped so :o)

> One tidbit:
> wouldn't call it "XXXAware", as the "Aware" suffix is used in webwork 2
> and other places now as a form of setter dependency injection. Would be
> confusing.

Didn't know this...

> Perhaps "AvailabilitySupport"?

Support is very wide :o( , and I typically see it in the JavaBeans styled apps
as a delegation pattern.

Perhaps, AvailabilityCapable ??

Cheers
Niclas