Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kemp Randy-W18971 <Ra...@motorola.com> on 2001/08/15 19:53:42 UTC

Tomcat embedded in Apache

 I found an article at http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT7102892618.
The article says this
Apache 2.0 -- This is still in alpha now, with beta and final releases due
at monthly intervals. It is faster and runs on more operating systems with
the same level of stability as on Unix, and also supports dynamically
loadable modules better. The Tomcat Java engine is built-in, enabling Apache
to natively run Java Servlets and Java Server Pages.

Does that mean that the Tomcat engine will be part of the Apache download?

Re: Tomcat embedded in Apache

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Kemp Randy-W18971 at Randy.L.Kemp@motorola.com wrote:

> I found an article at http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT7102892618.
> The article says this
> Apache 2.0 -- This is still in alpha now, with beta and final releases due
> at monthly intervals. It is faster and runs on more operating systems with
> the same level of stability as on Unix, and also supports dynamically
> loadable modules better. The Tomcat Java engine is built-in, enabling Apache
> to natively run Java Servlets and Java Server Pages.
>
> Does that mean that the Tomcat engine will be part of the Apache download?

Nope...

    Pier

RE: Tomcat embedded in Apache

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ma...@isallineed.org>.
As far as I know tomcat is not built into apache. It just integrates well
(as well with other servers)..

Mvgr,
Martin