Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Seffie Schwartz <ys...@yahoo.com> on 2010/03/05 03:40:00 UTC

faceting on multiple fields

Hi -

How do I facet on two fields at the same time -  If I were using a data base I would say -

select a,b,count(*) from mytable group by a,b order by count(*) desc.

How could I do the same with faceting.  I know that I can facet on a separately and b separately but how do
I do a & b.

Another question -

If I had two tables in my relational data base - For example I have an organization and an employee table in my data base.  I join the tables
and flatten them.  Then I index them into solr.  How could I know if there are any organizations without employees in solr?  In a data base I would
do a left join.

Thanks.  Seffie Schwartz.

Re: faceting on multiple fields

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
Faceting:
&facet=true&facet.

Look at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters#Facet_Fields_with_No_Zeros_And_Missing_Count_For_One_Field

Notice the f.cat.facet.missing=true parameter. This lets you address
fields separately.

Joins:
This query find documents with no value for a field: *:*+-field:[* TO *]

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: faceting on multiple fields

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Please post further questions on this topic to the solr
users' list at solr-user@lucene.apache.org. This list is
intended for internal SOLR development discussions.....

Best
Erick