Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Ryan W <ry...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/04 17:51:51 UTC

How to get started with protwords.txt

I want to protect a word from stemming.  I have added the word I want to
protect
/opt/solr/server/solr/configsets/sample_techproducts_configs/conf/protwords.txt

I also reloaded my core.

What else do I need to do?  I am not really sure what makes solr respect
one of these configsets.  Do I need to tell solr to respect
sample_techproducts_configs?  How?

Thank you.

Re: How to get started with protwords.txt

Posted by Bharat Gulati <bh...@gmail.com>.
Since changing protwords.txt essentially changes the field analysis,
reloading would not be sufficient in this case.

You will need to reindex the documents for it to take effect.
https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_11/reindexing.html#changing-field-analysis
(I am assuming you made the changes to the "index" analyzer)