Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1999/05/18 19:15:35 UTC

yuck!

chunking, non-blocking sockets, timeouts...

Doing chunking+timeouts is easy, doing non-blocking+timeouts is easy,
doing chunking+non-blocking+timeouts is complex!

buff.c is like the most complex part of the server!

There is a case when doing chunking/non-blocking/timeouts where we end up
with a 5 element iovec for writev... and we need to handle a bunch of
special cases when a partial write occurs.

Dean

How to share memory between processes?

Posted by Achim Bangert <ac...@weber-und-partner.com>.
> Hi,

I am new to this mailing list so maybe that's an old hat but is there a
possibility to share data among the running instances of a module? The
module I am trying to write has to share a connection pool between the
processes and the only solution having entered my mind so far is to
externalize the connection pool in another server :-( Looking through the
mail-archive I've seen that this problem will probably be addressed in
Apache 2.0 so maybe somebody has already worked out a better solution?

I am looking forward to any suggestions.

Thanks,
Achim