Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Kais Dukes <k....@complexar.com> on 2005/04/08 20:09:34 UTC

Writing properties with HPSF

 Dear POI Gurus,

 I would like to use POI's HPSF project to modify the properties of Office
documents. I know that I can read properties using HPSF, but my question is,
does HPSF support writing properties?

 Regards,
 -- Kais Dukes

---

Re: Writing properties with HPSF

Posted by Rainer Klute <kl...@rainer-klute.de>.
Am Freitag, den 08.04.2005, 19:09 +0100 schrieb Kais Dukes:
>  I would like to use POI's HPSF project to modify the properties of Office
> documents. I know that I can read properties using HPSF, but my question is,
> does HPSF support writing properties?

Yes, it does. However, the property writing support is not in any
official POI release, but in the CVS repository only.

BTW, it should be possible to replace the "hpsf" subdirectory of the
latest official POI release by the "hpsf" subdirectory from the CVS.
However, I have never tried it.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH
  Dipl.-Inform.
  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  klute@rainer-klute.de
  Körner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423

Inhibit software patents: http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/