Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/01/23 18:22:06 UTC

ReverseProxyHeaderFilter

Hey Sumit,

Instead of doing what I was supposed to be doing last night I wrote a
Filter that does two things:

1) Adds the X-Forwarded-* headers to the request as described in KNOX-476.
2) Filters out the "per hop" headers that should be removed by a proxy.

The question is given the work you are doing around config driven
service how might this fit in?  My thinking was that putting this logic
into a Filter takes some of the burden away from Dispatch
implementations which is probably a good thing.  But the other side of
that coin is how would this Filter then be added to the chain given the
config driven approach you are pursuing?

Kevin.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: ReverseProxyHeaderFilter

Posted by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com>.
For now I don't think this needs to/should be configurable and I think
this is more reason to get it out of the dispatch filter.  If dispatch
is going to be a component that is frequently "swapped out" there should
be as little required functionality in there as possible.  That being
said there given the provider/contributor model I'm not sure how to
rationalize the distinction between the header and dispatch filters.

Posted by Sumit Gupta <su...@hortonworks.com>.