Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by fr...@arxes-tolina.de on 2016/06/06 07:22:54 UTC

Commit #2a944f0 causes Continous Integration hang

Hello Surefire developers,

recently we switched from Surefire 2.18.0 to 2.19.1 and since then we
encounter a strange behaviour with our CI infrastructure.

We're running TeamCity build agents on Windows XP and Windows 7 and on the
XP machines the build times increased by factor >25. I've tracked the
commit down which is the first to produce these oddities and it's commit #
2a944f0687ee8 "[SUREFIRE-580] Allow "fail fast" or stop running on first
failure".
Since this is a rather large commit I was not able to understand completely
what was done there, so my question is, what change could be responsible.
As I look at my build agents when they hang I see in the thread dump there
are 2 threads which consume much time, notably doing some xml file parsing
and the other doing java.io.WinNTFileSystem.list.

Perhaps someone, especially Tibor17, could give me a hint what to look for.

Best Regards

Frank Jakop
Teamleiter

arxes-tolina GmbH
Salzufer 8, 10587 Berlin
http://www.arxes-tolina.de

Telefon: +49 (30) 26 47 45 - 141
Telefax: +49 (30) 26 47 45 - 7711
frank.jakop@arxes-tolina.de

Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 84278
Sitz: Berlin, Geschäftsführer: Dr. Peter Heilmann, Norbert Bochynek, Ralf
Berndt